After a several year delay, seinen sci-fi action series “Coppelion” will finally be airing this very autumn – news bringing rejoice all-around and relief to many who thought the series was cancelled for good.

Back in 2010, Coppelion received the green light – yet right before its premiere came, Japan faced its real-world national crisis, and this series was put on indefinite hold. Why is that? This work is about a nuclear meltdown facing Tokyo, and the subsequent havoc that ensues as a search for survivors begins.

• nikolai131 says:

That’s what I’ve been waiting for 2 and a half years now ^^

Great news indeed ^^ Fall’13 is gonna have some golden egg

• neodarksun says:

“seinen sci-fi”

Never heard of it before, but it sound interesting, mostly because of its genre.

“This work is about a nuclear meltdown facing Tokyo, and the subsequent havoc that ensues as a search for survivors begins.”

Cover and description doesn’t seem to match, the cover seems so lighthearted and not sci-fi like, it’s actually making me more curios.

• MisaoFan says:

I’m assuming that the main survivors are highschool girls who are lost in the middle of a meltdown, and are trying to find who they are and why the disaster has caused so much dramatic consequences, it’s often mentionned in the plot summaries in this upcoming anime, though I have never read the manga to be honest so I’ll probably watch an episode or two of this show.

Those girls are agents sent to recover nuclear victims… the girls don’t require any special protective gear for some reason…

They were genetically modified to be impervious to radiation. Also, that wasn’t a spoiler, that was mentioned in the very beginning.

• blaziken says:

Well good and all I guess.
    Now if they can just do the same with Despera (aka Lain successor)…

inb4 flash animation

• sososugoi says:

What if they had released it back in 2011 as scheduled? Would it not have gotten more attention and viewers because of its controversial topic?

• shicchan says:

Finally! I was waiting for this! I thought it had been cancelled since they practically never said a word after the incident in Japan.

Speaking of cancellations, I wonder what’s up with Savanna Game.

All of the good anime will start at autumn, we have to bear this summer somehow, with the homo and otoge adaptations.

Just watched the 4 episodes out ultin now, pretty good! I’m looking for the next one on 30/10!