A manga based on a novel of the same name, “Crime and Punishment”, has gone entirely moe – the first volume had a dark cover artwork fitting of the story’s theme, yet the second volume is totally cute and adorable.

Crime and Punishment is a tale of Russian origin surrounding “the mental anguish and moral dilemmas” of an “an impoverished ex-student” who formulates and fully executes a plan to murder “an unscrupulous pawnbroker for her cash”. As one should have been able to realize, “Crime and Punishment” is a very morbid tale, and quite a renowned one at that – thus when a manga was released based off of the novel, the cover illustration done by an artist known as “Enomoto“, seen above to the left, truly seemed appropriate for sustaining the image of the literary work.

On the other hand, the cover artwork of the second volume which is set to release the ninth of this month of May, placed to the right above, was illustrated by the same artist responsible for the art of Ore no Imouto’s light novels, Kanzaki Hiro – and indeed, one will have no trouble noticing a familiarity there.

This story of iniquity and homicide has become one of cute flat chested animal-eared girls – and getting straight to it, the transition from the first to the second volumes of this manga goes from dead serious, to utilizing half of the currently trending anime girl fetishes, or so does the cover imply.

While the face of the first volume gives one something of a solid idea as to what they’re about to read – the second volume suggests a whole different world, looking like some sort of imouto incest harem comedy, only being short of “typical” due to the inclusion of kemonomimi.

Indeed, this latest cover artwork looks delectable – yet it isn’t exactly the most proper of possible choices.

• ….what?
    what they…
    Why…
    …no but…
    ….

• alan says:

wow, what a radical change

私のドストエフスキーは、このかわいいことはできません

boku no dosutoefusukī ha , kono kawaii koto ha deki mase

Shortened as:

dosukawaii

If Sonya had implicit cat ears in the text, I would have enjoyed this rambling piece so much more. As it is the main character is almost a typical unappreciative louse, and Sonya devotes herself to him. So, it’s almost made for anime.

“So, it’s almost made for anime.”

One month later… anime announced.

You think they can get ClariS to do a song about a male tsundere that wants to kill an unscrupulous pawnbroker, cause it’s philosophically alright to murder someone if that person is rotten and the money will go to good causes?

I mean, I have Hanakawa as the voice of Sonya in my head. Rodion is a miserable jerk, and I can already hear the Hanakawa pouty retorts.

It sounds perfect – there’s no way this can fail.

It should be a mind twisting affair. Take the story from Sonya’s POV. The male lead is a brooding over intellectual smurf, so the need for a dynamic and MOE female lead would be cool. Keep it a will they won’t they kind of love affair and have it turn to will they won’t they kill affair. I would take lots of liberties with the text. Crime and Punishment is a tedious book.

Silver Link Studio, with the low character population of SHAFTS Monogatari series.

Alvis went from space to Earth, baggage in and baggage out
    Squid Girl tried to invade, always careful of her hat

Ektarina loved to tie you up and suck you down
    Shana could take it all, uresai with a shout.

Think we can do 42 lines about 42 lolis?

Are you asking yourself?

I love to collaborate….

But, I can probably do this. Seems a shame that I am taking up you comment space to do it thou.

I don’t know what we’re doing really – I’m just writing poems about lolis. I checked the lyrics of that song you left, still did not understand it too well – I also don’t see what space is being taken, there’s enough comment rectangles for everything to have enough.

I’m just going to leave this here also:

“I’ll protect the cats” said Furude Rika
            Koujin Rikka’s mouth was too full for a reply
            Jougasaki Rika left one longing for more
            Akiba Rika – oh, the name belonged to a whore

• liamash3 says:

I like the first cover much more than the second one :)

• avatar einzbern says:

Who is the author? After a little searching, I was only able to find the 1950s and Ochiai Naoyuki versions.

• imperialz says: