Lancer Tops Fate/Zero Popularity Ranking

Apr 20, 2012 @ 13:17 CDT

After his stunt in Fate/Zero’s latest episode, Lancer managed to achieve the impossible and obliterate all other characters in a popularity ranking – and it’s not by a small margin either, it’s an undisputed victory.

Within this Animate shop, Lancer’s voting space has entirely turned blue from an abundance of votes – it’s not even worth discussing if he’s won, as clearly, he won. The sheer magnitude of votes he’s managed to accrue is ridiculous – yet sure enough he has them, and it’s doubtful any can manage to top this. One would normally think, what if another character performed something epic in the next episode? That’s the very issue actually – what did Lancer do? He did nothing except toss away his fighting chance, and so lackluster in fashion as well.

All the other characters have engaged in all sorts of actions, yet Lancer’s breaking of a stick made him an instant hit with the otaku of Akihabara.

• Dusk252 says:

Wow, that’s something I wasn’t expecting… Maybe next week, but surely not now. Well, it may have been a fluke – a bigger than usual affluence of female costumers at the shop would do the trick, as nobody can resist that awesome mole.

Anyway, joking aside, as my second favorite servant, I think he deserves it. He’s an extremely unlucky fellow so a win once in a while will do him good.

• frost says:

All Lancer class have the worst luck every. nice to see one Lancer to actually get lucky once.

Well Done Lancer my boy :-D

• eirei07 says:

I don’t think anything can top this, though. We’ve seen epic deeds done by the characters in the past, but nothing that elicited this kind of reaction. Beserker’s debut comes to mind.

lol the heart on Caster. I confess I also loved how Caster was done. His voice actor was absolutely fantastic. I loved hearing him shouting and rambling maniacally.

“Really seven, I’m surprised at you having issues with Lancer. I thought you would have heaped praises for his utterly selfless and heroic deed, as he deserved.”

You’re taking my writing too personal –

“He did nothing except toss away his fighting chance, and so lackluster in fashion as well.”

“Lancer’s breaking of a stick made him an instant hit with the otaku of Akihabara.”

Is this not true? I’ve not said his actions aren’t heroic or valiant – yet I’ve clearly stated them to be simple under a certain light, and this they indeed are.

• eirei07 says:

Yes, the “actual” action is simple. But funny, isn’t it? How a such a simple act can be so meaningful and change so much. That’s what I love about it. He simply broke his spear, but nobody in the world could have predicted that he would. He only broke a stick, but I honestly can’t see other Heroic Spirits, even the King of Knights herself, aspire to do a more noble deed. Lancer has made ‘breaking a stick’ noble, epic, heroic and, I guess, badass.

I’d personally call it “noble” and nothing more than that – it most certainly was not “badass”.