A Complete List Of Every Tsundere Ever

Apr 16, 2012 @ 13:15 CDT

An otaku of controversial think tank “2ch” has released a chart which comprehensively contains every tsundere leading character ever, regardless if male or female – although of course, most are female.

As can be seen below, every significant tsundere character from essentially the beginning of Japanese animation to April 16th 2012 is included on this chart – “significant” meaning any actually having a leading role, and as one will notice when scanning the graph, there’s all sorts of faces familiar, alongside a few who are less prominent or known, at least in respect to this modern era.

While it is both interesting and amusing to be met this grand abundance of scowling tsundere faces, simply glancing through them alone isn’t as entertaining as it would be to attempt to figure which emotionally dishonest character of the bunch is the greatest of them all in their facade of hostility. Who is the tsundere of all tsunderes? That question is highly debatable and quite a heated topic to bring up as the answer is variable depending on various personal preferences unless one is willing to lay out a clear definition for the term “tsundere”.

Such a thing is difficult to do as the meaning of “tsundere” is hotly argued in itself – however there are some tsunderes who any can agree have achieved a sort of “legendary” status in which they’re no longer simply characters of a series, but in fact, have become a staple of the industry. In other words, these few “legendary tsunderes” may not necessarily set the foundation for the archetype, but rather, have powerfully made it their own to the point they represent the standard – a fine example of such being Kousaka Kirino.

She’s a tsundere little sister character with otaku fetishes – when one thinks of an imouto, this adorable blonde haired little sister is the first to come to mind. She exemplifies the imouto – and similarly, she does the same with tsundere. Comparing her to any lowly generic tsundere character, like Astarotte of Astarotte no Omocha! for instance, would be the same as making a comparison of an outspoken elite politician running for president and some guy who is just on the campaign.

In reality, some individuals know how to maximize their limelight, and that’s the case with Kousaka Kirino to give an idea of how certain tsunderes shine over the others. They take advantage of various personality traits they possess to the maximum possible – and more simply stated, it isn’t that they’re successful merely for being tsundere, and that some tsunderes do better than others, it is due to the fact that some tsunderes excel at what they do.

Dance expertly – you could like to dance, however that won’t make you a master choreographer. And likewise, some characters may enjoy going the route of expressing false emotions, only to later turn moe – however not all are as skilled as one another.

All in all, being a tsundere is not easy – and one has to truly respect them all to some extent, however more so the ones who have managed to make a name for themselves as adorable liars.

First person I noticed, Seto Kaiba >_>
    Also why Meta Knight is there is beyond me, look down the right until you see Azusa from K-ON, then go a little left. He was maybe in the Kirby cartoon (that ain’t no anime bro! <_<). Interesting list, I must say.

Lol first ones I noticed where Kaori Makimuranand Umibozu from City Hunter :p Umibozu is a major tsundere :p

• Eru says:

It’s impossible to make a full list. There’s too many tsundere.

I’m sure the creator of the list realized that, explaining why they opted for only including tsunderes who have a leading role. That narrows down the group significantly.

On another unrelated note, the one who strikes me the most from the list is the loli vampire girl from Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, I forgot her name.

• xyshtoph says:

Hazuki. Where did you find her? I can’t see recognize her anywhere. Also, lol at the first row dominated by Kugimiya Rie. That was to be expected.

Yeah, that’s her name – I love her.

Start from the bottom, count five from the right, move up two.

Azyunan? Is this person on stupid drugs?

Where is Mafuyu (Qwaser) ?

I really noticed two DBZ male tsunderes and Chris Yukine !

Vegeta and his scouter readings…

Yukine is definitely one of the better tsunderes on here.

• Sentum says:

Tsundere guys are called assholes. Azunyan isn’t tsunderish at all. Chizuru in my opinion isn’t a tsundere, she’s just childish.

The first row is the best row, because it’s completely OWNED by Rie Kugimiya, aka the best seiyuu ever. The character of Shana started out as tsundere, but she eventually became well rounded, self-aware, and assertive toward the end of the series. Taiga in my opinion isn’t really a tsundere, or at least not your typical tsundere. Rie’s best performance if you ask me (besides maybe Kagura from Gintama, or Happy from Fairy Tail).

I like Rie Kugimiyga.

A lot.

Of all I can personally recall Rie Kugimiya doing, I’d take Aria from Hidan no Aria – horrible anime in my opinion, however the amount of tsundere loli satisfaction to be found is phenomenal.

Most notable miss: Daisuke Kosaka (the dad from OreImo).

“Please note that I would not include Kirino, because she’s just a gigantic bitch.”

I can’t exactly disagree there – although Kirino does have tsundere qualities. Like the article mentions, the term “tsundere” is quite a hotly debated topic as to how it is defined.

And on another note, that had to be one of the best father characters in an anime.

• alan says:

i can only recognize 78 characters from all the list

A few that I noticed are missing:
    ~Princess Milk (Lamune & 40): http://www.animegalleries.net/img/283202
    ~Parfait (Lamune & 40 Fire): http://www.rubberslug.com/img_show.aspx?ImageID=147815&X=530&Section=Item
    ~Tira Misu (Bakuretsu Hunter): http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/697/147919-bakuretsu_0296a.jpg
    ~Lina Inverse (Slayers): http://images.wikia.com/kanzaka/images/4/41/Linainverse.jpg

But…but what about Mafuyu or Sasha from Seikon no Qwaser? They are totally tsundere for each other! >_<

Tsunyuri.

Come to think of it, I can’t spot any Yuru Yuri characters on here – the absence of Ayano is disappoint.

• avatar elijahhu says:

@seven

the male one is funnier than the female tsundere is that when he blushes and the other person will say “Oh My God! He is blushing!” then broke out a laughter abruptly!

Asuna from Negima is there, yet Chisame, an even better Tsundere, isn’t. That makes me sad.

I looked for Horo ( Spice and Wolf ).
    I’m surprised she is not here.
    And well disappointed too.
    She’s probably the best Tsundere I know.

Not that I like her or anything, heh…

She really isn’t a tsundere, never comes off as aggressive or even distant, just really playful

Who’s that cat near the bottom of the picture?

Also no Helga from Hey Arnold? She’s pretty much a textbook example of what a tsundere is supposed to act like.

WHERE IS ERZA?!

Sana (Mashifoni) and Chris (Symphogear). :3

@Seven
    Could you give me some tsundere recommendations? I can limit the scope if you’re willing.

Can’t have a Tsundere list without Kirino

Why’s Meta Knight on this list?